Welcome & How to Use this Page....

Hello & Welcome to my site trying to provide some coverage of the various oversnow transport vehicles used through the years in the Australian Alps, with a small section on those deployed in Antartica.

To access the various types/marques simply click on the type in the listing to the right.

I set this site up as I had trouble finding any information online on these machines and their history in Australia. It is far from complete, so contributions, corrections, pictures and the like are always welcome. I have focused on larger vehicles only because there has been more information on hand and these have been easier to collate. Smaller vehicle submission are welcome.

I take this opportunity to specifically thank Damien Breitfuss and Ralph Zollinger (Hans Oversnow) who have generously contributed much material.

I hope you enjoy the site, and please let me know any machines I may have missed!

Cheers, Andrew